What is considered as a connected route in the routing table ?
- An interface is configured with an IP address and mask,the configured subnet is installed as connected in the routing table.
- A static route is configured with only an outgoing interface, and not an IP next-hop.
!-- These routes are considered connected ip route 192.168.12.0 255.255.255.0 Serial1/1 ip route 192.168.21.0 255.255.255.0 F0/0
How are these connected routes advertised ?
We have multiple options for advertising a connected route, listed as follows:
- A network command configured that covers any connected network whether defined under the interface or in a static route pointing to the interface.
ip route 192.168.12.0 255.255.255.0 serial1/1 !-- The static route will be advertised by the network statement below router eigrp 10 network 192.168.12.0
- Redistribute connected under any routing protocol.
- Redistributing one routing protocol into another, by default the connected routes advertised by the redistributed protocol will be included.